TV's can be installed over a fireplace to drop down to a optimal viewing angle.
Shown above is a TV Art Cover by Frame My TV combined with a Transcend Pro lift by Nexus 21 (See detailed video on this mount below). Also in this video the client wanted to have an external Sonos Playbar mounted below the TV behind the art. This article will better explain how we accommodate external speaker bars.
For the hardware for us to make the frame properly attached to a TV using a drop down style lift, you'll need to choose our Bracket Adapter Plate Hardware. Below is an example video to show you the general concept of the Bracket Adapter Plate
- Bracket Adapter Plate hardware when used with a TV Art Cover
- Bracket Adapter Plate hardware when used with a TV Mirror
How This is Accomplished
Manufacturers like Nexus 21, Future Automation and MantelMounts are among a few suppliers offering drop down lifts. Some solutions are motorized while others are manual piston driven.
When used in combination with our Bracket Adapter Plate Harware, the TV Art Cover is free to move along with the TV as the drop down mount repositions the TV down to a comfortable viewing level.
Be sure to fully research the mount you plan to purchase with the mount manufacturer PRIOR to ordering. This will require a bit of coordination to ensure the mount will clear the mantle and can support the combined weights of all components involved.
Video of drop down wall mount provided by Nexus 21
Be sure to pay careful consideration to weight ratings to ensure your mount will be able to support the combined weight of your TV + TV Art Cover.
Example Estimated TV Art Cover Weights (by TV diagonal size):
- TV Art Cover for a 40" TV - approximate weight 60 lbs
- TV Art Cover for a 55" TV - approximate weight 75 lbs
- TV Art Cover for a 65" TV - approximate weight 85 lbs
- TV Art Cover for a 75" TV - approximate weight 95 lbs
* For a TV Art Cover to attach to a drop down type of mount, you'll need to choose our Bracket Adapter Plate hardware. (Approximate weight of this hardware is 10-15 lbs in addition to the above listed TV Art Cover weights)
Common Drop Down Lifts
The Transcend Pro motorized over-mantel mount was built to optimize TV positioning. This precision-engineered mechanism is coupled with superior linear actuation technology to suspend up to 75″ TVs at the optimal viewing height with the press of a button. The Transcend Pro’s slim profile allows the screen to rest only 1.5 inches off the mounting wall, while 40-degree swivel makes it even more versatile.
- Manufacturer: View Product Page
- Weight Capacity: Up to 125 lbs
- Amazon: N/A
A premier leader in the professional grade TV lifts industry, Future Automation provides a variety of TV lifts for different types of applications. Within their motorized drop down tv lifts, they offer 4 versions with different capabilities.
- Manufacturer Info: View Product Page
- Weight Capacity: 55 lb - 132 lbs
- Where To Purchase: Contact Manufacturer
Mantle Mount offers a variety of mounts for different capacities. Here you can view all Mantle Mount Models.
Recessed Mount Version
Their top of the line solution is the MM750 capable of handling all sizes of TVs.
On Wall Surface Version