Is your Samsung Frame remote only working from a few inches away or not at all or is the light flashing red?
This could mean a mean few things:
1) If the status light on your Samsung Remote flashes red repeatedly this means either your TV has become unpaired from the TV or your remote batteries are dead. (See instructions and video below). This could have happened by accidentally holding a button down for too long and resetting the remote to factory defaults perhaps from being sat on or a child playing with it.
2) If the Remote is only working from a few inches away it either means you need to unpair and repair your remote
Another scenario could be you're using one of our Deco TV Frames AND you are NOT using the remote that came with the Samsung Frame TV. Checkout This Article for more on using third party universal remotes with Samsung Frame TVs
Both of the above symptoms can easily be solved with the following video.
⚠️ If you have one of our Deco TV Frames on your TV, BE SURE TO REMOVE the frame or at least un-latch the bottom of the frame and hold the remote near where the sensor is on the TV for the pairing process to work. ⚠️
Step 1 - Entering Samsung Frame Remote Pairing Mode
First press the "Home" Button to put the TV into TV mode if it's in art mode and if you have a Deco TV Frame on the TV as shown in the video, you'll want to remove the Deco frame or at least release the lower latches and hold the remote near the bottom of the TV near the TV's motion sensor.
Press down the Back and Play Buttons simultaneously for 4-7 seconds to put the Samsung Frame TV into pairing mode (also use the same procedure to put Samsung Frame TV remote into unpairing mode)
Step 2 - Samsung Frame Remote Pairing Process
The TV will enter pairing mode as shown.
Step 3 - Samsung Frame Remote Successfully paired
Congrats! Your Samsung Frame TV is paired. Enjoy your favorite programming.
We have received many reports that the above steps did not work to resolve the issue that many users are attempting to resolve. If the above does not work and you do figure out the solution to your issue or you can provide more details about the specifics of your issue, we kindly ask that you email us with the following info:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Remote pairing issues help article
- Be sure to include the following info.
- Which model year Samsung Frame TV you have
- Do you have one of our Deco TV Frames on this TV?
- Are you using a third party remote other than the Samsung remote provided with the TV?
- Describe the issue in detail (ie: the light on the remote flashes red, the TV doesn't respond at all to the remote, etc etc etc)
- Did you figure out the solution to your problem ? If so, please describe or send a link.
Looking to Purchase a Samsung Frame TV?
Tutorials on Samsung The Frame
We regularly publish new videos about Samsung The Frame TVs to answer many FAQs to help you get the most of your TV. Be sure to subscribe to our channel to learn more.
Premium Frame Options
Deco TV Frames for Samsung The Frame