If you need to update the firmware or make other minor adjustment settings there is a Web Interface for this.
SRS-2 Functions are ENABLED by default so you have full plug-and-play functionality. Just be sure to disable Night Mode & Sleep after on the TV itself when connecting the SRS-2 unit (See How)
The following section about the Web Interface is NOT necessary for 95% or more of users. The primary purpose of the web app is to be able to update the firmware. The latest version of the firmware is v1.35 which is the original version of firmware that shipped on all SRS-2 units. The only other reason to access the web app would be if you want to disable any of the functions of the SRS-2. Through our testing and development, we feel the default settings preset on the device will be ideal for most users.
Additional Settings via Web Interface:
The SRS-2 has a companion webpage for manually adjusting some settings. This app is accessed over WiFi by joining a local network for the device. The vast majority of cases would not require accessing the mobile app, but may be necessary in the event of a software update.
To access the app from either mobile and/or desktop devices:
- Go to your WiFi Network settings (NOT your bluetooth devices list) and connect to the network SSID DECO-FRAMES-xxxxxx . Default password is 123456789
- NOTE: The first batch of 100 SRS-2 units will show the network name FMTV-XXXXXX and not DECO-FRAME-XXXXX.
- Once connected to the DECO-FRAMES network a browser screen will automatically launch with the mobile app and settings.
NOTE: This device is not designed to join your home WiFi network and is only access locally through the private DECO-FRAMES-xxxxxx network.
Through the web interface you can enable and disable the sensors on the SRS-2 and make some minor adjustments to their sensitivity as well as update the firmware for the device.
After making the necessary setting adjustments on the TV as shown in the earlier part of the instructions, now you can replicate those sensors0using the settings here for the SRS-2. There should be no need to change any of these settings on the SRS-2 beyond the default settings, but this screen is available should you wish to make adjustments to how the SRS-2 functions.
- Night Mode: Enabling Night Mode allows the SRS-2 to turn the TV off automatically at night
when the ambient light in the room drops to a low level. Set this level by adjusting the Dark Threshold, where "1" is full dark, and "5" is a fairly dim room (with a night light or moonlight, for instance). This setting only affects the TV when in Art Mode. Leave this enabled if you want the TV (while in art mode) to go to sleep or wake up when the lights are turned on/off in the room
- Dark Threshold: By default you'll want to leave this set to the mid level of 3. If you want the TV to go to sleep when there is still a moderate level of light in the room then use a setting of 5. If you don't want the TV to go to sleep until the room is completely dark then use a setting of 1
- Sleep After: Enable this feature if you want the TV to go to sleep after a selected duration of time when no motion is detected in the room. This setting only affects the TV when in Art Mode and is disabled by default in the SRS-2 firmware since the TV ships with this setting disabled as well.
- IR Sensor Enabled should be on when using a third-party infrared (IR) remote
to control the TV, such as from a cable or satellite provider. This should be
turned off if only using the Samsung remote that came with the TV.
- Brightness Optimization: Enabling Brightness Optimization allows the SRS-2 to adjust the brightness of the TV screen to match the ambient light level in the room. When enabled, the Minimum Brightness level can be set from 0-50. This setting only affects the
TV in TV Mode.
- Update Firmware: For uploading new versions of the firmware when released. See below for details.
From the web interface described above, scroll to the bottom of the page and click "UPDATE FIRMWARE" to upload the new firmware file. This can be done from a mobile device, though you may find it easier to save the file to your computer then join the network of the SRS-2 from your computer to upload the file from your computer.
Latest Firmware Version: v1.48 Released on August 17, 2022
August 17, 2022
July 19, 2022
|v1.38||July 18, 2022||Download||
|v1.35||June 30, 2022||Download||Initial public release|